Quote of the Day: Alan Jay Lerner


"Although Burton Lane wrote some spiffy songs [for ROYAL WEDDING] and Fred [Astaire] danced in a way that made all superlatives inadequate, my contribution left me in such a state of cringe that I could barely straighten up. Even the one creative moment I liked had nothing to do with me consciously. One night I dreamed that Fred was dancing up a wall, all across the ceiling and down the other wall. I mentioned it to Arthur [Freed] at lunch the following day and lo, in the film Fred danced up a wall, across the ceiling and down the other wall."

-- Alan Jay Lerner, playwright-lyricist, from his autobiography The Street Where I Live


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your contribution to Java's Journey.

 

About Java

"Java's Journey: A really fun, informative well-written blog that explores all of the things - and I mean all - I love about classic films."-- Flick Chick of A Person In The Dark Email: java-rush@hotmail.com

JOIN JAVA'S JOURNEY

Blog Archive

Writer's Block Doesn't Stand a Chance

http://javabeanrush.blogspot.com/2015/04/100ClassicMovieBlogPostIdeas.html