12 More Random Movie-Related Tidbits About Java


12 More Random Movie-Related Tidbits About Java


12. For a long time I didn't know that Fred Astaire was bald. Then I read that infamous comment about Astaire's screen test: "Can't act. Slightly bald. Can dance a little." Astaire had some very convincing rugs.

11. Like lots of other people, I did not recognize Rita Hayworth in her Blackgama Ad.

10. I despised Turner Classic Movies during its early days, because it was trouncing my favorite channel, American Movie Classics, in the ratings. I got over it when AMC began slicing movies with commercials and showing non-classics.

9. Tyrone Power & Linda Darnell and Jean Arthur & James Stewart are two of my favorite onscreen couples.

8. Had a huge crush on Audie Murphy for a while.

7. And Richard Todd (still do). Todd is my favorite Robin Hood (sorry, Flynn).

6. I'm not trying to be mean, but sometimes I find myself laughing when guys take off their shirts in classic films. It looks like trousers swallowing an oak barrel.

5. I wish that more of Marge & Gower Champion's stage work had been filmed. They are just the best!

4. When I first saw Kurt Browning, Olympic figure skater, performing an outstanding rendition of "Singin' In The Rain," set to Gene Kelly's playback, I hated admitting how good it was. I might have been envious.


3.
The Angelina Jolie/ Brad Pitt/ Jennifer Aniston sandwich reminds me of the Elizabeth Taylor/Eddie Fisher/Debbie Reynolds fiasco.

2. Taking tap classes helped me to appreciate classic movies even more. Suddenly there were names for those moves my sister and I would do when watching musicals. Still, I learned the time-step trying to imitate Gene Kelly, et al.

1. Some of those supposed historians on classic movies commentaries for DVD are inaccurate and it just makes me sick. There is this one guy who deserves a full rant because he describes what's going on in the scene and it's clear to anyone with sight that what he's saying isn't happening. Make it stop!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your contribution to Java's Journey.

 

About Java

"Java's Journey: A really fun, informative well-written blog that explores all of the things - and I mean all - I love about classic films."-- Flick Chick of A Person In The Dark Email: java-rush@hotmail.com

JOIN JAVA'S JOURNEY

Blog Archive

Writer's Block Doesn't Stand a Chance

http://javabeanrush.blogspot.com/2015/04/100ClassicMovieBlogPostIdeas.html